Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rosemary Bread in the bread machine


Everyone (but me) loves this bread. I have passed out the recipe several times. Hope you all like it too.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup water
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (I've used fresh from my garden, just guessed at the amount)
* 2 1/2 cups bread flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS

1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle and press start.

2. Once cycle is finished, form the dough into a ball of sorts and put on a cookie sheet (I use a pizza stone) that is dusted with cornmeal. Let rise once more.

3. Bake at 350 for about 20 - 25 min. until golden brown. (Keep an eye on it the first time as I have forgotten how long I acutally cook it for.) Serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.

1 comment:

Cecily said...

We love this bread and make it without a bread machine. Just follow your basic bread recipe, starting with water, sweetner, and yeast, then add some flour, then everything else. Knead until it sticks together, let it rest a little, then knead some more. Let rise. Bake as directed.