Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Carrot Chowder

Carrot Chowder
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. chopped celery
1/3 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. diced green pepper
4 c. tomato juice
1 1/2 c. water
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 1/2 c. grated carrots
1 t. granulated sugar
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/8 t. ground marjoram

Brown hamburger and drain off fat. Add salt, celery, onion, and green pepper. Cover and simmer on low heat until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil. Turn down heat, add hamburger mixture and simmer 30 minutes.

2 comments:

amberella said...

I got this recipe from Bonnie after she sent me home with leftovers. Looking at it, I wasn't too sure, but it tastes great, really great. I usually make the rosemary bread to go with it.

Cecily said...

I agree with Amber. For my variation, I mix everything together roughly chopped and then use a blender wand to puree the bulk of it right before serving. It cuts down on the prep work.