Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mama Croxall's Rolls (for the bread machine)

I am a huge bread machine user for making dough. This recipe was originally not for the bread machine, so if there are requests I can try and dig it up.

1 C milk (powder milk works fine)
1 egg
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
3-3 1/2 C flour
1/4 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp yeast

1. Put liquid ingredients in bread machine, break up the egg a bit.

2. Put dry ingredients in

3. Make well and put in yeast

4. Set to dough cycle

5. Punch down and form into 12-16 rolls

6. Place rolls in greased 9x13 baking dish

7. Let rise double in size

8. Bake at 375 for 15 min.

3 comments:

Cecily said...

These are Ryan's favorite rolls, and the recipe can easily be doubled (or tripled or quadrupled) if you are not using a bread machine.

Stephanie said...

I made this recipe and they were really great. I did use one cup of whole wheat flour and the rest white flour. Next time I will use even more whole wheat flour and may even try all whole wheat. I really liked how easy they were. The bread machine is really the only way I can commit to making bread.

Stephanie said...

I've been making these with all whole wheat flour for a while. Here are my tips if you want to do all whole wheat.

Warm the milk a little bit (i do about 30 seconds in the micro).

Use 3 level cups of whole white wheat flour - no more.

They always come out great.