Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Awesome Idea! (Yogurt Pancakes)


What an awesome idea, Allison! I'll just jump right in with a recipe that I love to share. (We regularly have this for dinner, and if it makes a difference, the Brays love these as well.)

Yogurt Blender Pancakes

2 cups vanilla yogurt (or strawberry, peach, etc.)
2 large eggs
4 Tablespoons canola oil
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

In the blender, whip the yogurt, canola oil and egg until smooth. Add all remeaining ingredients to blender and pulse until completely mixed. Add milk by the tablespoon if batter seems too thick.

5 comments:

amberella said...

Love the picture!

Kris said...

Just a heads up- I tried this recipe last year and it was a complete flop. I used wheat flour (but I only have red, Amy uses white) and I don't think my blender is up to snuff, so they didn't mix up well and, well... flop. So, I took them out of the blender, mixed in the mixer and they were better.

Stephanie said...

We make these a lot. I actually usually use my food processor to make them. At the time Amy gave me the recipe my blender had just broken and so the food processor was a good alternative. But since then I have found that I prefer doing them in the food processor. And I also use the white wheat (in everything). We love them and my kids will eat the leftovers cold for a snack. They are delicious and full of protein and fiber.

Stephanie said...

One more thing - depending on the thickness of the yogurt you use you may need to add some milk to the recipe. Stoneyfield yogurt tends to be thinner and Yoplait is thicker. So if you're using thicker yogurt, add a little milk at the end until it the batter reaches a good consistency.

Cecily said...

With all of the excitement of this, we decided to try this recipe this morning. Since it was a last minute decision, we used good old fashioned white flour. (I'm anxious to try it with wheat.)

Ryan thought they were moist but chewy. Not that "chewy" is bad, but compared to what we noramlly make (the recipe that Ryan has memorized), there was a little more to these.

For a gauge as to the milk, we had to add approximately 4 T. of milk with the Kroger brand of blended yogurt (peach flavor).