Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a recipe I've made up. I'm always looking for chocolate chip cookie perfection and this is my attempt at it. I adjust it from time to time, and this is the latest...

1 cube butter (not margarine, not crisco...just butter)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2-2 cups rolled (not quick) oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or to taste)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips (or to taste)
1/3-1/2 cup flour

Cream butter and peanut butter. Add sugar and mix well on high speed for 1 minute. Add egg and beat on high until fluffy. Add baking powder and vanilla. Add oats, chocolate and butterscotch chips, mixing well after adding each ingredient. Add flour.
I use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop to shape them. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, or longer if you like them less doughy. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. enjoy.

No comments: