Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pizza di Spaghetti

All right, girls, I've been holding out on you. THIS is an amazing recipe--the best thing you could do with leftover spaghetti. In fact, I don't even wait to have leftover spaghetti--I make spaghetti just so I can do this with it!

Ingredients
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for garnishing
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups leftover spaghetti with olives and tomato sauce
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Add leftover spaghetti and combine well.
In a large 10-inch non-stick skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add spaghetti and egg mixture, spreading evenly and pressing down in pan. Cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Carefully invert onto plate, add a little more oil to the pan, and slide mixure back into skillet and cook the other side for 6 minutes. Turn out onto serving platter and cut into wedges and serve warm.

I usually make two of these "spaghetti pizzas" to feed our family. Here's a link to the original recipe and a picture.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I tried this today with some left over fettuccine noodles. I followed the directions, but it didn't come out right. It got brown on the outside, but it didn't hold together on the inside at all. Flipping it over wasn't easy as it was still pretty runny inside even though the 8 minutes had passed and the bottom was browned. And in the end I couldn't cut it into wedges because the whole thing was just kind of falling apart. No good for me.

amberella said...

I made this tonight for dinner to use up some leftover sauce. Overall it turned out okay, I had to use mozerella instead of parmesean (what happened to my parmesean?) and I only had a non-stick 12" pan so I added some noodles. If I were to do this again, I would use a different sauce (I had Allison's sauce for this time) and more of it. I would also like to try it with paremesean like it calls for. Reading the reviews on the orginial site helped. My picky Chaz wouldnt touch it and Finn only pulled out individual noodles, so he didnt eat much either. Uhg. But we might try it again, maybe with different shaped noodles.