Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pad Thai Pizza

I thought this was so yummy, and even enjoyed it cold the next day for lunch.

Pad Thai Pizza
Pizza crust (the recipe suggests using a Pillsbury premade, but I made my own, much tastier)
2 T. creamy peanut butter
2 T. teriyaki sauce
1 T. Thai chili sauce
1 t. honey
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. shredded carrot
1/3 c. fresh bean sprouts
1/4 c. chopped salted peanuts
1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Prebake pizza dough 5-6 minutes at 425. In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, chili sauce and honey. Spread half of sauce mixture on pizza crust. Add chicken to remainder sauce and toss to coat. Top pizza crust with chicken and cheese. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with main ingredients.
I cut it into squares like Everybody's pizza salads. It was fun. The kids wouldn't eat the fresh toppings, so next time I'm going to cut off part of the cooked pizza for them before I add the other toppings.

No comments: