Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pasta, cheese, trees

This is a Rachael Ray recipe, presented as one step up from noodles w/butter. My kids (and I) love it. I don't really follow the recipe, nor do I measure. This makes a mass quantity. It's an easy recipe to wing--I usually use half a box of pasta, a bag of froz broccoli and a little bit of the rest (although I never shortchange the ricotta...). Tonight I bought a rotisserie chicken and served this on the side.
1 lb. cooked penne
1 lb. steamed broccoli
1 T. olive oil
2 T. butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 c. parmesan
Melt olive oil and butter over low heat in a large skillet. Add garlic, cook for 5 minutes. Add pasta and broccoli, then ricotta and parmesan. Stir to combine and heat through. Add pepper to taste if desired.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Made this tonight and loved it. I looked up the Rachel Ray recipe to see the proportions and saw that RR put some diced fresh tomatoes in too so I did that also.