Friday, September 5, 2008

Carrot Cake Extraordinarire (my mom's title)

While I am not a carrot cake lover (it is tasty, but I would rather have variety), my mom swears by this cake. She was always happy when she would get it for her birthday or mother's day or something like that.

1 1/2 c. cooking oil
2 c. sugar
5 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
2 c. carrots, grated
1 c. crushed pinapple, drained
1/2 c. nuts

Beat oil and sugar in large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift together dry ingredients. Add with vanilla, carrots, pineapple, and nuts to sugar mixture. Pour into 14x10 baking pan. Bake about one hour at 350. Frost with cream cheese frosting, and pipe those little carrots on if you like.

I think I remember my mom making this in a layer cake a few times. I would just ckeck after 35–40 minutes if that is what you are after.